Thursday, February 10, 2011

Beginning work in the 'Real World'.

I am starting as a rug designer for Reznick Carpets (www.reznickcarpets.com) on Monday. I won't be just a rug designer, but also a graphic designer, event planner, and sales rep for their new location. This place is unbelievable - 55 000 square feet of carpets- tapestries- all thousands of dollars a piece. Their new location will be smaller, more gallery-like, and I get to brand it/run it/maintain it/design rugs in it. All of their carpets are hand-made in Nepal.

I never guessed my path would take me into rug design - but it has and I'm excited.

Bye bye nocturnal vagabond life! Time to get serious.



This hangs in the show room of my new 9-5 design gig - LOVE IT - gonna save my pennies and buy it - course that's a lot of pennies being that it costs over 10 gs≥!!

No comments: